The 2017 Toyota Highlander is one of my favorites in Toyota’s current lineup. So what makes it so special? Check out my guide below.
Five Reasons to Check Out the 2017 Toyota Highlander
- USB Ports for Everyone: if you’re anything like me (and I hope you’re not as bad as I am) but I’m attached to my phone 24/7 and as a result, my battery is drained by noon. The 2017 Highlander is an electronic-addict’s dream because it boasts five USB ports, three up front and two in the rear passenger area. Now your child’s iPad can stay charged in the back seat while they’re watching Kayou and you can continue charging your phone in the front. (Plus another three devices left to charge with the remaining USB ports.)
- Panoramic Moonroof: some nights are meant for quiet drives and watching the stars. You can catch a more complete show thanks to the Highlander’s moonroof stretching all the way into the back seat.
- Bird’s Eye Camera: You no longer have to ask your passenger to hop out of your car and direct you into a parking spot like you’re piloting a 737 into Gate C4. The new Highlander is equipped with technology called Perimeter Scan which utilizes four cameras to deliver a live, unobstructed, 360-degree view of the Highlander’s surroundings.
- Three Zone Automatic Climate Control: remember road trips with the family when you were a kid? For us, this included two fights, one over which movie to watch *It was a toss up between Father of the Bride and Beethoven in our car* and the other fight over how hot or cold we wanted the temperature inside the car to be. Thankfully, the new Highlander solves the latter fight with its three zone automatic climate control feature. The driver, driver’s side passenger, and the second and third rows can enjoy their own climate zones without the hassle of fighting with the driver that it’s “too hot back here”.
- New Engine with Giddyup: sometimes you want an SUV that packs more of a punch underneath the hood. Toyota heard your cries for something more and has delivered with a newly issued 3.5-liter V6 engine mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. This engine is both more powerful and fuel-efficient that the previous generation’s Highlander.
To learn more about the Highlander and to schedule your test drive, click here.
Explore every possibility in the 2017 Highlander.