The Chicagoland area is celebrating National Coffee Day with freebies. Find out where you can score a cup of joe!
Oh Happy Day! It’s National Coffee Day and some of your favorite coffee spots are handing out freebies. But first, le’s talk about Chicago’s coffee scene. According to WalletHub, Chicago ranks as the 7th best city for coffee in the United States. We’re lucky to live on the southwest side of Chicago because we have some of the city’s BEST coffee shops. These are a few of our favorites. Have we left anything out?! We love supporting our local small businesses so please let us know your favorite local spot to grab a cup of joe. Keep reading for coffee freebies after our local coffee guide…
Chicago’s Best Coffee Spots on the Southwest Side
- Beverly Bakery & Cafe: Roasting over 21 coffees from all over the world, this coffee-lover’s heaven specializes in daily small-batch roasting for optimal bean freshness, resulting in a delicious cup of joe!
- Bridgeport Coffee Company: A retail and wholesale purveyor of fine coffee beans and roasts on the South Side of Chicago, Bridgeport Coffee Company builds a bridge to the land where your coffee is grown.
- Xando Cafe: Come for a frothy cappuccino or specialty Greek Coffee, stay for Grecian panini.
- Doughs Guys Bakery: Most people head to Doughs Guys for the delicately sweet macaroons and delicious donuts, but we go for the classic cup of black coffee and grab a glazed cinnamon roll for the ride to work.
- Los Pekes Ice Cream & Coffee: Sometimes you need a little sugar to start your day so head to Los Pekes for a sweet caramel latte and give yourself permission to indulge in decadence.
What is the best ice cream in Oak Lawn, Il?! Who serves the yummiest, tastiest frozen treats?!
These are questions you might ask yourself now that the summer has officially kicked off today with the Summer Solstice. Celebrate the longest day of the year with a visit to the area’s BEST ice cream parlors. Did we miss one? Comment below and let us know your favorite.
- Cupid Candies: known for their delicious homemade chocolates, I opt for a decadent banana split with extra nuts-it combines the sweet and savory with creamy homemade ice cream. And while you’re there, pick up a box of Cupid Turks for a take-home treat. [4707 W. 95th Street Oak Lawn, IL 60453]
- Premo’s Drive-In: as a kid, my dad took us to Premo’s after school for a special soft-serve treat (and maybe even something fried). When it’s time to whet my nostalgia appetite, I order a small chocolate/vanilla swirl cone and a side of french fries from Premo’s. [5540 95th St, Oak Lawn, IL 60453]
- JB’s Gourmet Ice Cream & Ices: this is a tiny spot that’s easy to miss if you’re not familiar with it and trust me, once you try it, you’ll be there all the time. From the juicy Italian Ice to the ultimate Super Sundaes, every batch of ice cream & Italian Ice is homemade and delectable. [6946 W 111th St Ste 4 Worth, IL 60482]
- Rainbow Cones: Is it really necessary for me to tell you why you MUST eat a Rainbow Cone?! Ok fine. You’re either a “biter” or a “licker” when it comes to the infamous treat. Me? I go for it–I’m impatient and hurriedly taste each flavor the moment I’m handed the cone. The more refined eater might take their time to savor each morsel in a layer; to treasure the creamy chocolate, fresh strawberry, savory walnuts & sweet cherries [of Palmer House layer], distinctive pistachio, and juicy orange sherbet. Go ahead, find out if you’re a biter or licker. [9233 S Western Ave Chicago, IL 60643 Beverly]
- La Michoacana Azteca: you have not lived until you’ve taken a giant bite out of a Mango Paletas de Agua. It’s luscious, refreshing, and the perfect way to end a long summer day. If you’re up for something with rich notes of cocoa, order the delicious Chocolate Paletas de Crema. [5437 W. 79th Street, Chicago, IL 60459]