December 4, 2017
We find Chicago’s best deals & steals in celebration of National Cookie Day. Plus, we shout out our favorite local bakeries and give you the 411 on the area’s best cookies.
All around Chicago, grocery stores and bakeries are rolling out their red carpets in celebration of National Cookie Day. These are the spots offering deals today:
- In honor of today’s holiday, save up to 40% at Mrs. Fields
- Insomnia Cookies is offering a free cookie with any purchase from their menu today.
- The folks at Cinnabon are debuting a special treat today called the BonBite. The new creation puts their famous cinnamon roll inside of chocolate chip cookie, surely pleasing the sugar addict inside each of us.
After you visit the national chains, don’t forget to hit up local bakeries. Trust me when I say this–our local spots offer the yummiest cookies in the Chicago area.
- Iversen’s Bakery: pick up a dozen of their delicious (and adorable) smiley-faced cookies.
- Wolf’s Bakery: their chocolate chip cookies are the closest thing to heaven on earth.
- Tuzik’s Bakery: this famous southside bakery isn’t open on Mondays but treat yourself to an order of their assorted mini cookies on Tuesday and don’t forget the kolaches!
- Talerico-Martin Bakery: their holiday-themed cookies are not only delicious but they are truly gorgeous. Bring a few dozen to your next Christmas party and grab a chocolate chunk cookie for yourself–you won’t be disappointed.
- D’Amato’s Bakery: if you’re in the city, don’t forget to hit up this Italian bakery staple for cannolis, cookies & SO MUCH more.
Next up on the blog today? I’m including my favorite cookie recipes for you to whip up for the family today.