View this post on Instagram
Sometimes I don't have time to run over to Starbucks for a pick-me-up. Luckily, I planned ahead of time today. On behalf of everyone at Oak Lawn Toyota, Happy Friday, #instafriends! -@Christinachar Afternoon pick-me-up: • 2 shots of Espresso • 1/4 cup Organic Almond Milk • 1 scoop of Organic Raw Cacao Powder • Ice • 1 teaspoon cinnamon • 1 tablespoon Raw Walnut Butter •• Blend ingredients together in a blender. •• Optional: Add a banana for a creamier consistency. #healthy #healthyeating #plantbased #healthylife #healthylifestyle #vegan #veganrecipes #recipes #coffee #snack #smoothie
This gallery contains 5 photos.
Today is one of my favorite days: National Strawberry Day! It’s an excuse to bake something extravagant and delicious. If you do whip up one of these beautiful recipes, be sure to tag @OakLawnToyota across social platforms. Happy baking! Happy eating! … Continue reading
The Chicago Bears are playing tonight. Are you ready for some Monday Night Football?! Here are some healthier recipes to snack on while you enjoy tonight’s game.
- Have you ever been at work and panicked because you have no idea what to make for dinner tonight?! Have no fear. Today is TACO TUESDAY and I’ve compiled some of my favorite taco recipes that are yummy & healthy–sure to please the pickiest eater in your family.
Recipes after the jump!
Today is a glorious holiday and the perfect excuse to whip up a family favorite: spaghetti and meatballs. I’m sharing my favorite meatball recipes and hopefully you’ll share your creations with us. What are you waiting for? Get to cooking. Happy National Meatball Day!
- How To Make Meatballs: Not sure if you’re up to the challenge? Click on this recipe for a comprehensive step by step (not to mention, scrumptious) meatball recipe.
- Sweet and sour meatballs: a twist on the classic staple with an Asian influence. Click here for the recipe.
- Vegan meatballs: don’t knock ’em ’til you’ve tried ’em! Recipe here.
- Lamb meatballs: this is one of my favorite recipes. My apartment is filled with the lovely aroma of lamb and cinnamon. Recipe here.
Disclaimer: Here at Oak Lawn Toyota, we believe in responsible drinking: drinking alcoholic beverages in moderation. Responsible drinking also means that if you’ve had a few too many cocktails, there’s no need to endanger yourself and others–call a cab, call an uber, call your mom, or your best friend. Please don’t drink and drive. It’s stupid, selfish, and it’s a violently unnecessary way to end your life (or someone else’s.)
Today is National Margarita Day. A few years ago, I stopped buying the sugary-filled, overpriced margarita mix from the store and opted to make my own. The result was a delicious concoction without the additives and preservatives found in store-bought marg mixes. The following are my absolute favorite margarita recipes. Create, sip, and enjoy! If you’re not 21 or don’t partake in alcoholic beverages, please scroll down for our virgin recipes.
Confession: I don’t like football. I don’t care about football. But I do love me some silly commercials, nachos, and Beyonce. Need some inspiration for last minute Super Bowl recipes?
Today is National Chocolate Cake Day, which I assume was instituted to make us feel better about eating chocolate cake today.