Last week I had the honor of attending the International unveiling of the 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro at the Chicago Auto Show. Let me just say, pictures don’t do this truck justice.
Continue reading for specs and behind-the-scenes video.
Continue reading for truck specifics.
The TRD Pro will no doubt …stand out on the trail …with exclusive exterior features like its:
- headlights and taillights with blacked-out inner housings …and matching hood scoop,
- TRD Pro badging,
- and of course …heritage-inspired TOYOTA grille.
Adding function to its form …the TRD Pro also comes with:
- Rigid Industries LED fog lights that will light up any path,
- 16-inch TRD black alloy wheels with an aggressive offset that widens the track by an inch … giving the truck a more powerful stance,
- And Goodyear Wrangler all-terrain tires that are reinforced with Kevlar for better off-road performance.
I didn’t think the new Tacoma could get any tougher …but this TRD Pro takes it to a whole new level.
The TRD Pro is equipped with one of the most high-performance …off-road suspension systems ever to be offered on a production vehicle …specifically tuned by TRD:
- Up front, 2.5-inch Fox coil-overs are paired with TRD springs …bringing it up an additional inch.
- Out back, Fox 2.5-inch shocks with remote reservoirs are paired with TRD leaf springs.
- All shocks feature aluminum construction and internal bypass technology that helps adapt to any terrain …on and off the road …providing an exciting and predictable ride everywhere the TRD Pro goes.
When the going gets tough …adventurers can be confident knowing that the TRD Pro comes standard with features like:
- Four-wheel drive with an Auto LSD,
- Crawl Control and Multi-Terrain Select
- Locking rear differential
- And a ¼-inch thick aluminum skid plate.